PH Upswing

If you have a question for the CYCO staff then this is the place to ask.
Forum rules
The CYCO forums are for serious discussions on the use of the CYCO Platinum Series of products. We ask you to be mature and to refrain from posting anything that may offend either the users of the forum or CYCO management themselves. This is the official CYCO forums and as such should be treated accordingly, any text, images etc that we deem inappropriate for the CYCO forums will be deleted immediately with possible user bans to follow.
Matt_06

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi all

Long time viewer, first time poster.

I'm seeking some advice with my current setup. I'm having issue with large PH up swings. My PH is regularly going from 5.8 to well into the sevens in under a 12 hour period consistently. I've been having to down PH twice daily with large amounts of PH down liquid (20 to 25ml). Does anyone have any advice on a solution?

I have a Ebb and Flow rail system, pots suspended in pipe. I only currently have 20 plants planted. I run a 3 hourly feed cycle during daylight hours and don't feed during the hours of 2100 to 0600.

I have a 60L reservoir and feed to the advanced cyco feed chart. My water prior to adding nutrients was ran through a chlorine removal filter, sat for 24 hours and tested at 050ppm (500) and a ph of 7.5. After adding the initial nutrients the reservoir was brought down to ph 5.8 and only required 3ml of PH down. I also run a circulation pump within the reservoir.

For testing purposes I have monitored some water without nutrients brought down to a ph of 5.5 that has remained stable for the past couple of days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

DeeMarie724
United States of America

Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:37 am

Hi Matt!
Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you need to reduce your dosage . JWhat exact products are you using? We also provide a free nutrient calculated in the ITunes and Android Store that is very user friendly! If you would like to talk directy to a rep you can give me (Deonna) a call anytime (213)284-8245 . Looking forward to your response, have a wonderful day!
D Marie~
Matt_06

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Deonna

Thankyou for the reply.

I'm currently using Grow A&B, B1 Boost, Uptake, Zyme, Silica, Ryzo and Dr Repair.

I mix as per the advanced cyco calculator and at half strength. (60l Reservoir and mixing it as a 30l). My EC /PPM have remained stable. My test water ph level has not moved at all for the last few days. I am going to attempt isolation testing today and see if its one of the above additives creating the spikes.

Are any of the above mentioned additives known the regularly increase Ph?

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,

Matt
Matt_06

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:10 pm

I have been doing a bit of online research and other growers have reported a specific mixing regime for adding your nutrients. I have added them in order as listed on the calculator, once added I adjust my PH.

It has been suggested to add silica first, then B and then A and no particular order for the remaining additives.

Is there a particular order you recommend?

Interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Matt
cyco_brandon

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:08 am

Hello Matt,
Try taking the Uptake out. The uptake is humics and can have a hard time staying in suspension in a recirculating system, which could cause the ph to fluctuate.