PH Stability RO Hydro (NFT).

Forum rules
The CYCO forums are for serious discussions on the use of the CYCO Platinum Series of products. We ask you to be mature and to refrain from posting anything that may offend either the users of the forum or CYCO management themselves. This is the official CYCO forums and as such should be treated accordingly, any text, images etc that we deem inappropriate for the CYCO forums will be deleted immediately with possible user bans to follow.
acidrain

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:11 am

Hi all,

Changed from Dutch Masters Gold which is no longer available very sad times! have to say Cyco is giving me a hard time, I PH to 5.5 and within a few hours its well on the way to 6-6.2 it will just not stay down im adding PH down at ridiculous rates.

Using RO water 0.0 will be adding DI to that and see if that makes a difference, ive gone through everything?

DeeMarie724
United States of America

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 am

Hello,

Id be happy to assist you on figuring out what's going on. First I just need some extra info! What products are you currently using? The entire Cyco line? Any other products besides Cyco? Water temp? Water quality. Also what dosage (Ex.how many Ml Per Liter) Thank you for your support, I look forward to hearing from you!

Dee
D Marie~
acidrain

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:55 am

Hi dee,

Using the whole line, water temp is 25c but have it set for 21c

Did have the ec at 1.5 but saw slight increase so dropped it down to ec 1.0.

Have had to use Dutch masters liquid light and saturator to hopefully recover them a bit similar to last time.

full ro with di so ultra pure water, there appears to be a common pattern of the ph regardless of the stage it will simple keep rising.

Have found this nutrient to be very touchy for getting things going.
cram2012

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:37 am

Bump. Using RO water, temp at 68f. Use the whole CYco line with Drip clean. and PH of Rez stays above 7 after every feed. Have to dump a rediculous amount of PH down in to Stabilize.
acidrain

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:03 am

Hi,

Having similar issues have had to abandon using it for the moment, has caused extreme amount of problems basically nearly killing them.

I've been through everything and cleaned everything, it comes down to the water or the nutrient.

I can't get the PH to stay within acceptable limits, seems to just want to sit at 6.0-6.5. I would hate to find out how much PH down is required.

Have been using advanced nutrient sensi ph perfect base only to recover things. Have you tried just using the base nutrient only to see if that helps

Would you say, you have only experienced with this product?
cram2012

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Got some advice from a friend who has been running a recirculating system for several years with success. They use Aqua Flakes A&B as a base nute given its designed for recirculating system and PH stays in a tight range after each re circulation. haven't tried it personally yet, but intend on changing reservoir out soon with new formula since Cyco didn't have any recommendations to keep ph stabilized in my reservoir. I wanted to add to the post in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Cheers!
Bundybeard55
Australia

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 am

Hi all!
Reasonably new to this and running a 45l dwc resivoir and having trouble keeping the ph right. Within 24hrs ph has gone from 5.5 to 7.5.
I’ve flushed cleaned and replaced water with no success.
I have noticed though my Jerry can I’ve put some of the water from the res in.. is holding its ph.
Please help! What am I doing wrong.?
fanatikroad
Bahrain

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 pm

cram2012 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm
Got some advice from a friend who has been running a recirculating system for several years with success. They use Aqua Flakes A&B as a base nute given its designed for recirculating system and PH stays in a tight range after each re circulation. https://www.provillus.org/ haven't tried it personally yet, but intend on changing reservoir out soon with new formula since Cyco didn't have any recommendations to keep ph stabilized in my reservoir. I wanted to add to the post in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Cheers!
Great. So we have an alternative. Aqua Flakes A&B sounds good. I'll give it a try and post some thoughts after. :)