Feeding for aeroponics

If you have a question for the CYCO staff then this is the place to ask.
Forum rules
The CYCO forums are for serious discussions on the use of the CYCO Platinum Series of products. We ask you to be mature and to refrain from posting anything that may offend either the users of the forum or CYCO management themselves. This is the official CYCO forums and as such should be treated accordingly, any text, images etc that we deem inappropriate for the CYCO forums will be deleted immediately with possible user bans to follow.
8ace
Australia

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:16 am

Hello folks, I'm wondering do I reduce Cyco recommended feeding amounts for aeroponics at all?, (referring to feeding chart listed on Platinum box lid), it's a small unit, restricted space, a friend suggested I probably don't need full feed.
cheers.

cycobarry
Australia

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi Ace,

As aeroponics is a very direct system i would recommend just using our base nutrient and saving yourself some coin. Our base nutrients have all the goodness needed for healthy plants.
Just check your ph, ideally should be around 5.5 to 6.

Hope this has helped out and if you need any more info just get intouch.

Happy Growing
8ace
Australia

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks barry, I should have asked before I purchased the whole Platinum box..doh!
Perhaps I'll dial everything else right back while using regular amounts of base grow and bloom?
Anyway your info is good to know especially $ wise as you say.
cheers
Kexsta
United States of America

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:26 am

Ace,
In an aeroponic system I would suggest not using the Uptake due to it being a humic acid product. It could potentially cause issues with your aeroponic emitters. I would also recommend not using the SIlica product except for at the very end of flower if you needed some extra flower hardening (depending on plants that are being grown).

Backing everything else off should be fine, just keep an eye on your lines and emitters. Pro Tip: When using an aeroponic system, or any system with emitters, make sure you are also using a clearing agent once a week to reduce or completely remove any build up from salts, organics, silicates, etc... We manufacture a pharmaceutical grade clearing agent, Kleanse. Highly recommend for your setup, it will save you hours of cleaning lines and system parts later on. Also will help to keep your pump clean therefore extending the life of your pump as well. Enjoy and keep us posted on how everything goes! Oh, and welcome to the CYCO Family!
-Chris Keck
VP of Sales for CYCO
8ace
Australia

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Kexta, thank you for that, I have got myself some Kleanse now, and will take up on your tips re dosage.

cheers.