reverse osmosis and pH

Forum rules
The CYCO forums are for serious discussions on the use of the CYCO Platinum Series of products. We ask you to be mature and to refrain from posting anything that may offend either the users of the forum or CYCO management themselves. This is the official CYCO forums and as such should be treated accordingly, any text, images etc that we deem inappropriate for the CYCO forums will be deleted immediately with possible user bans to follow.
SeekingWisdom

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:16 pm

I have been using RO along with Cyco Grow/Bloom. I would note that after mixing Grow or Bloom with the RO water the pH after mixing is typically in the low 5s (5.2/5.3 or so). I have tried different things and am not sure what I am doing is correct or what is best which is the purpose of this question. I would note that if I put the newly mixed nutrient with a plant that the next day (24 hours later) the pH will be significantly higher. Although the exact value will depend on the plant, I have seen pH the next day be above 6 and other times over a number of days it slowly moves up toward 6 (I typically try to keep pH around 6).

My question is what is the suggested method to use?

Should the pH be adjusted with RO water before adding nutrients?. Should it be adjusted after adding nutrients? Should I continue what I am doing and not adjust it at all until I see what it does after 24 hours? etc, etc etc

Ryan

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:45 am

Hello there,

Thanks for visiting our forums!

You should always add your nutrients and additives to the RO water first. Once you've added everything desired, mix well and take pH. You want to then adjust the final solution. :D

Typically between 5.5-5.8 is ideal for hydroponics.

Thank You!
-Ryan
ronrepp

Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:49 am

Why do your feed charts recommend 6.0 PH for the first two weeks of Bloom? Should I try to keep PH constant at 5.8 or below through the whole Bloom cycle? Or is there a reason the first two weeks are recommended to be higher?
Cyco
Site Admin
Australia

Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi Ron

Can you let me know where you got that information? as it may be an old feed chart perhaps?

As our online charts have the first 2 weeks of Bloom at 5.5-5.8.
Benno
Australia

Thu May 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi, I’ve started using cyco nutrients recently to replace my usual canna. First up, I’m loving the results, but with one small problem. Ph! I mix my nutrients to a 50ltr reservoir balance the ph to 5.8 and within 24hrs the ph is up to 6.8 today it was up to 7.2 I’m literally adjusting it morning and night at least .5 it seems excessive being I have barely needed to touch the ph of my reservoir in 8 years of growing... please help, plants seem fine but is all this necessary??
Cyco
Site Admin
Australia

Fri May 11, 2018 10:01 am

Hey Benno

Can you give us a few details, what medium, system? (run to waste, recirculating? DWC?) are you just using the Cyco Platinum Series products? if so which products are you using? if you are using third party products also? temps etc.

regards