Full cyco line rockwool

Forum rules
The CYCO forums are for serious discussions on the use of the CYCO Platinum Series of products. We ask you to be mature and to refrain from posting anything that may offend either the users of the forum or CYCO management themselves. This is the official CYCO forums and as such should be treated accordingly, any text, images etc that we deem inappropriate for the CYCO forums will be deleted immediately with possible user bans to follow.
Bassmaster261
United States of America

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:19 pm

I have a few things I'm getting confused on. First off all my plants are in a 6x6 grodan rockwool blocks. Just started week 1 of veg.
So my question is on the chart it says for ppm 1150 and ec 1.6. If ec is 1.6 then the ppm should be 800 right?
I mixed up my nutes today in a 1 liter measuring cup and followed the advanced recommendation for all nutes. The ppm is reading 875 which would make it 1.7 EC. Where i am confused at is if your nutes are 1150ppm it would it be 2.1 EC? Am I correct? And if so which one should I follow? The EC? Or PPM? Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you.

My system 4x4x6.5 grow tent
1k MH lighting
3 plants in 6x6 rockwool blocks
Handwatering

Kexsta
United States of America

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:17 am

@bassmaster261

CYCO Nutrients EC/TDS measurements are based off of the 700 scale not the 500 which is what is sounds as if you are using. On the 500 scale an EC of 1.7 would yield an 850 ppm reading whereas it would yield a 1190ppm reading on the 700 scale. Here is a link to an overall scale that a great company out of New Zealand, Bluelab, put together for conversion references.

https://www.getbluelab.com/Resource+Lib ... ivity.html
-Chris Keck
VP of Sales for CYCO